Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
"Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Mon Jul 16, 2001  3:59 pm
Subject:  Re: falsetto (was lower register)

"Wim Ritzerfeld" <w.ritzerfeld@c...> wrote:
> It seems to me that Richard Miller isn't very fond of
countertenors ?

Hi Wim,

It's funny that you say this - when I first read "Structure of
Singing", I was under that impression too... When I read back on
those paragraphs now, I see that I was just being paranoid.

I have a countertenor friend who has worked with him on a number of
occasions and apparently, Mr. Miller enjoys working with the
countertenor voice *as long as* it is a voice with full closure
during phonation. When there is full closure, the countertenor voice
can be worked on just like any other bel canto voice. Otherwise, it's
just like the "hoot" most people think of when they hear the word
falsetto.

Tako Oda,
Countertenor

emusic.com