Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Wim Ritzerfeld" <w.ritzerfeld@c...>
"Wim Ritzerfeld" <w.ritzerfeld@c...>
Date:  Mon Jul 16, 2001  3:53 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: falsetto (was lower register)

Mike,

I must agree that even if we knew e x a c t l y what's going on
during singing (and obviously we still don't know everything) we
would still have the problem of figuring out how to teach ourselves
and our pupils how our/their sensations relate to what's going on.
I'm not a voice teacher yet, but this aspect seems to me
part of the fun of being a voice teacher :).

When it comes to 'placement' (meaning the sensations that go along
with resonance adjustments), I had some success on my on voice
using Spectrography, more specifically the (freeware) VoceVista
program. Although the sensations may differ between individuals,
the power spectrum gives some objective clues about what it is
you're doing with your vocal tract. You can then link that
objective information to your individual sensation.

Wim

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13351 Re: falsetto (was lower register) John Link   Sun  7/29/2001   2 KB

emusic.com