Vocalist.org archive

From:  "S Owens" <shirleyowens@h...>
"S Owens" <shirleyowens@h...>
Date:  Thu Jul 12, 2001  6:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] temperament

Hello,

that one have a very strong personality in the musical world. In the opera
world it is extremely competitive and one most know how to hold your own.
One doesn't have to be like a Kathleen Battle however, it is important to
understand that having a weak temperament one will not and cannot possibly
make it in the world of music. One does not have to be rude and practice
Diva behavior however, strength and professionalism is of utmost important.

I have a very strong personality and just recently I have had to show the
strongest part of my personality which the other singers and artists showed
tremendous respect for being strong in my art. Every situation is different
I know. If you look at Maria Callas she was under attack since the age of
15 or 16 and she learned to be strong from such a young age because of the
jealousies of other singers. This is my humble opinion. Does anyone else