Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Jul 12, 2001  3:54 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Competitions named after singers

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Molly McLinden wrote:

> I was just wondering where I could gather some info on different
> competitions named after famous opera singers. I know there is one for
> Pavarotti, Callas.....there USED to be a Ponselle competition......
> what else? Any URLs and basic info (age limits, regions) would be
> appreciated.

Marjorie Lawrence International Vocal Competition
http://www.omti.org/app.html

Paul Robeson Vocal Competition
202-726-2329

Marcella Kochanska Sembrich Vocal Competition
http://www.polishcultureacpc.org/sembrich.html

Marilyn Horne Foundation Vocal Competition
http://www.marilynhornefdn.org/

Mayor's Billie Holiday Vocal Competition
artscape@j...
artscape@j...

Luciano Pavarotti International Vocal Competition

Yapi ve Kredi International Leyla Gencer Voice Competition

Lotte Lenya Competition for Singers
http://www.kwf.org/pages/llcstop.html

Leontyne Price Vocal Arts Competition

Christine Nilson and Jussi Bjoerling Voice Competition

Bidu Sayao International Vocal Competition
http://www.bidusayao.com.br

Licia Albanese-Puccini Foundation International Vocal Competition
212-472-3556

Altamura-Enrico Caruso International Voice Competition
http://www.altocanto.org

Maria Callas Grand Prix Opera and Oratorio-Lied Competition
http://www.athenaeum.eds.gr

The George London Foundation
212-772-2768

Rosa Ponselle "All Marylanders" Competition
http://www.erols.com/ponselle

Maggie Teyte Prize
2 Keats Grove, London NW3 2RT, UK

Grace Moore Memorial Scholarship Competition
615-647-0828

Richard Tauber International Vocal Contest
212-866-2086

Birgit Nilsson Prize & Competition
http://www.amscan.org

Jarmila Novotna International Vocal Contest
212-866-2086

Friedrich Schorr Memorial Performance Prize in Voice
517-264-3121

Concurso Internacional de Canto Alfredo Kraus
orfigc@o...
orfigc@o...

Boris Christoff International Competition for Young Opera Singers
Operafrank@a...
Operafrank@a...

Marian Anderson International Vocal Arts Competition
gmo-quin@d...
gmo-quin@d...

KM
NEIL SHICOFF pages
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Own Website
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

+ To hell with life as snug as hand in glove. +
+ - Ho Xuan Huong +