Vocalist.org archive

From:  Anne Cronvich <acronvich@h...>
Date:  Mon May 1, 2000  9:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: body mapping

Dr. Diane and all:
I found that changing our "vocabulary" with regard to our balance,
breathing, etc. very difficult. We, participants, definitely have a
vocabulary based on effort and tension(unbalanced tension). Barbara
observed me in teaching mode. I"ve been having back and neck pain and
tension headaches for several months which go away when I am teaching. I
studied Alexander about 16 years ago and apparently it is still working
when I teach. She said I simply have to carry that use into my everyday
life. I guess I must become Anne the Voice Teacher 24 hours a day. I did
feel encouraged since she said I had been well-taught. I really found
breathing while draped over the Swiss ball very enlightening. Now I must
carry it over into my own singing so I can proove to myself that it
works. Anne C.

emusic.com