Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Tue Jul 10, 2001  4:36 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Audition Song?

The other female parts are mostly those of the brother's wives &, in most
productions, you'd better be able to sing AND dance in order to get one
of those roles. You'll essentially be part of a dancing chorus. It is
likely that if you are cast as one of the wives you'll also be in the
chorus line of the Pharoh's big number. The other "big" female
role...which really only is in one scene, is that of Potiphar's wife.

Based on what I understand about these auditions from previous threads,
you'll do better to select something that isn't from "Joseph" but shows
that you can sing the style required.

Break a leg! The Narrator is a great role!

Pat

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 15:47:52 -0700 (PDT) Dolphin aura
<dolphin_aura@y...> writes:
<dolphin_aura@y...> writes:
> I'm wondering what would be appropriate to sing if
> auditioning for the part of the narrator in Joseph and
> the Amazing Technicolor dreamcoat? Also, there are
> really no other female parts in this right? or am I
> overlooking something?
> Thanks in Advance!
> :)

13242 Re: Audition Song? Linda Fox   Wed  7/18/2001   3 KB
13271 Re: Audition Song? Patricia M Smith   Fri  7/20/2001   2 KB

emusic.com