Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Tue Jul 10, 2001  12:11 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Good technique/bad technique

Dear DS and Vocalisters

It was not my intention to suggest that your vocal difficulties were
due to faulty technique. I would strongly agree with Randy that most
occurrences of vocal edema such as described by you in your case are
the result of "singing on a tired voice", that is, not giving the
voice the necessary time to recover before using it at maximum or
near maximum production again. The added tension of trying to meet
new standards or expectations that are perceived by you to be at, or
near, your limit will only add to your tendency to overuse your voice.

As per the popular saying: "Give It A Rest!"

--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA
Professor of Voice and Vocal Pedagogy, Emeritus

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13098 Audition Song Dolphin aura   Tue  7/10/2001   2 KB
13104 Re: Audition Song Karen Mercedes   Tue  7/10/2001   3 KB
13122 Re: Audition Song Nancy Fontana   Wed  7/11/2001   3 KB
13136 Re: Audition Song Trevor Allen   Thu  7/12/2001   2 KB
13099 Re: Good technique/bad technique dramadiva2002@y...   Tue  7/10/2001   3 KB

emusic.com