Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Mon May 1, 2000  8:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: body mapping

Anne C, wrote about body mapping with Barbara Conable. I was at last summer's
NATS workshop in Boulder, where we studied Body Mapping (new to me, and I
loved it!), Alexander, and Dalcroze. Many of the voice teachers/singers there
found it somewhat difficult to get themselves into balance, after having been
taught forever to hold the chest up, shoulders back, etc. But I have worked
with the 6 points of balance all this year, and it has been extremely helpful
to me, my students, and the choral groups I work with.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com