Vocalist.org archive

From:  ingo_d@y...
ingo_d@y...
Date:  Mon Jul 9, 2001  3:58 pm
Subject:  MED: Eustacian tube disfunction + Nasonex

Hi all,

looking for some more medical advice regarding my ears. I've finally
managed to see an ENT and he suspects that I'm suffering from
eustacian tube disfunction and that it is the root of my ear pressure
problems and tinnitus. My hearing is still within the normal range
and I'll have an MRI done to rule out more serious problems. He's
prescribed Nasonex (mometasone furoate monohydrate) and I will see
him again in 6 weeks time.

Here are my questions:

1) Can someone give me a layman's explanation of what eustacian tube
disfunction is? My ENT rushed me out of the office rather quickly so
I didn't receive an explanation that I understood (he mentioned
muscular tension and difficult to treat).

2) What will Nasonex do to my vocal cords? My ENT said it should not
affect me since it is a topical spray, but I would appreciate some
confirmation on that.

Thank you!
Ingo

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13093 Re: MED: Eustacian tube disfunction + Nasonex agoldhammer@y...   Mon  7/9/2001   2 KB
13117 Re: MED: Eustacian tube disfunction + Nasonex John Messmer, M.D.   Wed  7/11/2001   4 KB

emusic.com