Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jacqueline/Connie" <jaxsobcon@n...>
Date:  Sat Apr 29, 2000  10:28 pm
Subject:  Re: teaching space

Just my 2 cents:
Look for a small space on an upper floor of a 2 story
if you're worried about soundproofing. The sound rises
so you're less likely to bother someone that way.
Also, sometimes you can find small enough spaces
that were old hair dressers or something like that
and they will be bright with windows on a street front.
We rent the bottom of a 2 story building and the top
space is our landlord who is an accountant. He has
insulated enough that it doesn't bother his office when
we have both dancing and singing going on at the
same time.
Perhaps you can go together with a couple of other
people if rent is a lot and have more than one
discipline offered, ie.voice/piano/guitar .
Since rent prices differ according to communities
I could even imagine what to advise you to pay.
Hope this helps a little.
Jacqueline
Read my articles at:
www.suite101.com
(Performing Arts: Performing and writing musical theatre)
"There's no business like show business"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1307 Re: teaching space RRicciardi@S...   Mon  5/1/2000   3 KB

emusic.com