Vocalist.org archive

From:  peggyh@i...
peggyh@i...
Date:  Thu Jul 5, 2001  12:21 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] concerto rep

Molly wrote:
<< Hi again list,
coloratura sopranos always seem to win my school's Concerto/Aria
competition, due to the fact that flashiness really sells.
Last year the soprano who won didn't have a great voice but did "Glitter and be
gay", and that is always a favorite. My voice is much heavier. So far, the only
"flashy" aria I can think of for soprano is the "Czardas" from Die Fledermaus.
We get 15 minutes.....what other arias would compliment this ?>>

You mentioned you were auditioning for Cosi fan tutte. If you can do them
well, I think both Fiordiligi arias are impressive. You might also look at the
Donna Anna and Donna Elvira arias from Don Giovanni.

Molly