Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Wed Jul 4, 2001  4:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] May Germany forgive me ;)

Beautiful voice! Only the umlaut in Mueller needs serious attention. You're
singing it like a diphthong but it should be one vowel. The traditional way
to get English speakers to do an umlaut u is to say 'ee' while holding your
lips for 'oo', but I think this produced unnecessary tension (but by all
means try it to get you into the ballpark). Perhaps try that approach, but
then let the jaw relax to find the same sort of overtone profile (if that
means anything top you!) since the best u-umlaut for a singer is in quite a
different place, depending on pitch. john