Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Wed Jul 4, 2001  11:39 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Any other singers with PCOS?

shawna,

i know nothing of your disease but, i have known singers with similar
concerns. in my observation, the dilemnas they had faced concerning vocal
identity had more to do with how they viewed themselves rather than actual
change in their voices. this is complicated by the fact that most classical
singers only use part of their voices and in a fairly particular way. i am
guessing that, with a three year break in between, you went from one narrow
way of viewing your voice to a different narrow way of viewing your voice.
you probably are actually capable of both and everything in between.

has your speaking voice changed much that you know of? if it hasn't
or, if there has only been a maturing of your speaking voice then, i think
the differences in your singing are more attributable to usage.

<< (I cry at telephone commercials and can't be pried from
the tv during football season ;) ) >>

you should join a fantasy football league. that way you can cry at the
games (we didn't even make the playoffs this year).

mike

emusic.com