Vocalist.org archive

From:  Hild <hild@c...>
Hild <hild@c...>
Date:  Tue Jul 3, 2001  6:51 am
Subject:  Re: Male voices

> --- Jennifer wrote:
> > I am a beginning voice teacher and I just got my
> > first
> > student. I'm a soprano and I haven't had much
> > experience working with male voices (my student is a
> > man). I know that many things, like breathing and
> > posture, are similar in men and women, but I'm
> > wondering if there are some differences I should be
> > aware of. I'm not sure what voice category he is,
> > since I haven't heard him sing yet.
> >
> > Any and all advice is gratefully appreciated :o).
> >
> > Jennifer

Hi Jennifer
The very first teacher i had was a bass, and i'm a soprano :P in the
first class i had with him he wanted me to sing a C4, i had the note but
it was very low for me and i couldn't reach it in the first class! What
i have to say is that it would be cool if you start in the middle range
of the person then try to go up and down, or you may go mad like my
teacher saying it was the minimum a person has in low sound :P it was
funny! I had just a couple more lessons with the guy now my teacher is a
sop like me (in the beggining is easier if you have the same notes ;))
but all i can't reach down is a B4
Bruna

emusic.com