Vocalist.org archive

From:  gwyee@r...
gwyee@r...
Date:  Tue Jul 3, 2001  3:28 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Taping, was students who quit

At 11:12 AM 7/2/01 -0700, Elizabeth Finkler wrote:
>... I *still* hate the way I sound on tape, even when my current teacher
says I'm making
>good progress. What's to be done?

Dear Vocalistmates,

I am reminded of (I think it was) an interview during which Luciano
Pavarotti told the story of when, as a boy, he received a tape recorder from
his father who was trying to encourage his singing. He said he ran to his
father crying and never wanting to sing again because he couldn't stand the
sound of his own voice.

I'm still in the "record every lesson" stage. After each 6 months, I thin
them, saving only the first lesson of every other month, to mark the passage
of time so to speak. Those old tapes are very helpful. When I'm struggling
with my voice and feeling down, I just listen to one of the early tapes, and
silently thank my teachers for the progress I've made.

GWendel, dT

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12998 Re[2]: [vocalist] Taping, was students who quit Vicki Bryant   Tue  7/3/2001   3 KB

emusic.com