Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Jul 3, 2001  2:55 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Cole Porter Song "Two Little Babes In The Woods"

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Margaret Harrison wrote:

> Bill Alley wrote:
>
> > The song is "Two Little Babes In The Woods". He composed two versions of
> > it. The one I am looking for is from Greenwich Follies. It has spoken
> > text in between each verse of the chorus and the last chorus is
> > different. I have contacted Cole Porter Trust and they do not have this
> > version of the song. Does anybody have it? It truly is a gem!!
>
> You could try searching the Library of Congress's database,
> if this version was published, and then perhaps you can get
> them to send a copy through your local library. The URL is
> http://www.loc.gov

Theoretically good advice, but be aware that according to their own
Performing Arts Reading Room librarians, fewer than half of the LOC's
total music holdings have actually been catalogued at all, and of that
half, no more than half (and probably closer to 1/4) have been
electronically catalogued. So the online catalogue is a place to start,
but a telephone call (or email) to the librarian in the Performing Arts
Reading Room asking for a search of the stacks is more likely to yield
what you're seeking.

KM

+ I sing hymns with my spirit, +
+ but I also sing hymns with my mind. +