Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Jul 2, 2001  4:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] students who quit

In a message dated 7/2/2001 12:02:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dalila@R... writes:

<< I'm not sure it would be of
much more value to me than an audio tape would be - because, again, I need
to feel from the INSIDE when what I'm doing is wrong, and how it feels
when it's right. Again, after nearly 7 years of study, I've reached a
point where I'm very good at sensing even very tiny corrections and how
they feel, and hearing "from the inside" how they change my vocal sound. >>

karen,

that's all taping is good for, confirming from the outside your notions
from the inside. but, unless you do confirm them, you are only going on
what you hope to be true and relying on the opinion of others. of course,
taping is worthless without making a correlation between the inside and the
outside.

mike

emusic.com