Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Jul 2, 2001  4:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Cole Porter Song "Two Little Babes In The Woods"

Talk to the Harvard library about whether they can arrange for the Library
of Congress to search its collection and make you a photocopy. First,
you'll probably need written permission from the Cole Porter Trust to have
the copy made. Then there's no guarantee the LOC will have it, but I have
located Cole Porter songs there in manuscript form (i.e., in the
composer's own handwriting) that were not published anywhere.

I'd also suggest you do a little research based on any liner notes and
credits on the Hampson CD for that song. In an ideal world, you might be
able to contact Hampson himself to ask where the music came from.
Alternately, you might contact the conductor who worked on the CD with
Hampson.

A search at ASCAP "ACE on the Web" might also reveal some more information
about a possible publisher contact. Go to www.ascap.com, and click on the
ACE link for a searchable database form.

Karen Mercedes
NEIL SHICOFF, TENORE SUPREMO
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Own Website