Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Sun Jul 1, 2001  11:39 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] students who quit

O Marvellous!!

I hope all the listers listen to Dr. Diane's excellent
advice, which as usual, is, well, excellent!

I have never considered videoing my students (I must
be a dumkopf!!) but will do so from now on. It seems
so obvious. I'm not particularly in favour of tape
recording, as it can be a useful asset, but can be
very different in practise listening to it and
realising what your produce in real life may not be
readily transferred to an audio tape. Useful yes, but
you can't have them on stage with you!!

There is so much rubbish talked about learning to sing
through books and rotten teaching; this list is a
God-send!! You get some very interesting angles, and
then you have the marvellous advice of the likes of
Dr. Diane, Mike, Lloyd and the rest (I include myself
here!! heheh!)

Best to all,

Ian: Voice wrecker to the stars!

12974 Re: students who quit Karen Mercedes   Mon  7/2/2001   4 KB

emusic.com