Vocalist.org archive

From:  singersuki@a...
Date:  Mon May 1, 2000  2:47 pm
Subject:  A very strange concert

Hi all. Well, as you may remember, I announced my debut with the Lyric Opera
of Bergen County. It was yesterday evening, there in Holy Name Church, in
Garfield NJ. Yes, it all started very well, I was first with the Willow Song
from Baby Doe, which went just fine. Then Gaetano (Tom) Caruso, tenor, then
Lisa King, soprano, then Pedro Del Medina, baritone. All sang well.

Next round: I sang "Ah non credea mirarti" from Sonnambula, the tenor sang
"O Paradiso" and then dropped dead of a heart attack. Right there as he was
walking back from the front through the altar, he staggered, and fell down
with a horrendous THUMP! as his head hit the tile floor. I think he was
already dead when he hit the floor, his eyes were wide open, which was really
horrible, and eerie, to see.

Now I know how they all felt when Leonard Warren dropped dead in the
performance of Forza. Whew. It's the strangest experience I have ever been
through. All of a sudden, nothing made sense. It's even stranger today.

Anybody else ever been through this kind of thing? I'm still stunned.

Suki T

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1295 Re: A very strange concert singersuki@a...   Mon  5/1/2000   2 KB
1296 Re: A very strange concert Dean FH Macy   Mon  5/1/2000   3 KB
1298 Re: A very strange concert RRicciardi@S...   Mon  5/1/2000   3 KB
1301 Re: A very strange concert Mezzoid@a...   Mon  5/1/2000   2 KB
1302 Re: A very strange concert Isabelle Bracamonte   Mon  5/1/2000   2 KB
1305 Re: A very strange concert peggyh@i...   Mon  5/1/2000   4 KB
1323 Re: A very strange concert R Ewan Stewart   Mon  5/1/2000   3 KB
1310 Re: A very strange concert singersuki@a...   Mon  5/1/2000   2 KB
1316 Re: A very strange concert Jennifer   Mon  5/1/2000   2 KB

emusic.com