Vocalist.org archive

From:  arado_ge@y...
arado_ge@y...
Date:  Thu Jun 28, 2001  6:56 am
Subject:  Re: NO VIBRATO!!!

OK. I'm female, I'd love to have more information on the
masterclass in Germany. Is there an internet address with more
information? Otherwise you can e-mail it to me on arado_ge@y...

My current teacher is making me start completely from scratch again
to I am now starting to use head and chest voice and my range is
about G (below middle C - but the texture of voice isn't too great)
to an A two octaves above that. I can sound airy if I don't
concentrate fully and strained if I don't warm up properly.

The sort of repertoire has, for ages, been from choirs I have sung
in: Mahler's 8th Symphony, Elgar Dream of Gerontius as well as the
usual Mozart Requiem and all that stuff.

My current teacher has me on Ombra mai fu and lots and lots of vocal
exercises. She has also just given me some Bach which I like. I have
dreams of grandeur for singing Una Voce Poco Fa but I think it would
sound rediculous without vibrato and I need to do a LOT more
exercises to get around the notes!!!!!

Arado

emusic.com