Vocalist.org archive

From:  Rocío Guitard <rocioguitard@h...>
Rocío Guitard <rocioguitard@h...>
Date:  Wed Jun 27, 2001  5:31 pm
Subject:  Re: NO VIBRATO!!!

Arado,

I agree with John, I'd also like to "get my hands" on you for a half hour. And
actually maybe I might next October, when I'll be teaching a whole series of
Master Classes and private lessons on Speech Level Singing in Munich, Germany.
The dates are Oct. 7th to 13th , let me know if you're interested in attending
(btw they will be in German, except the privates).

In the meantime, let's try helping you out here, that's what we 're for after
all :o)
First of a couple of questions:

1. Are you a lady or a gent (hope you don't mind me asking, but my own name
falls into that same category of ???)
2. What style of music do you sing most, in what setting (group or solo)?
3. Are you combining both your chest and your head voice or are you only using
one register? What is your range?
4. Do you sound either airy or strained?

To me it sounds like your vocal cords are either closing a little too tight or
not enough, and there might be an imbalance in your larynx which sums up to a
lack of vibrato. Let's try figuring it out and help.

Rocio Guitard
Seth Riggs Associate

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12914 Re: NO VIBRATO!!! arado_ge@y...   Thu  6/28/2001   3 KB