Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Wed Jun 27, 2001  1:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: decisions, decisions.....

Given the demand for nurses, which is only going to increase in the coming
years, I would say it's much lower risk to take a sabbatical from nursing
now to do your music studies, and even to try and start a career. If your
singing career takes off, then the problem is solved. If it doesn't,
believe me, there will still be a HUGE demand for you as a nurse, and that
isn't a profession where age limitations are an issue. I guess what I'm
saying is "go for the music", with the added knowledge that you always
have a highly-desirable career option to fall back on. Unless you're the
kind of person who cannot succeed unless you burn all bridges back to
other options, the reality of having such a "safety net" shouldn't inhibit
your success and could, in fact, lower your emotional stress so that you
become an even better singer than you would if you had to worry constantly
about starving.

Karen Mercedes
NEIL SHICOFF, TENORE SUPREMO
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html