Vocalist.org archive

From:  EarlyMusik@a...
EarlyMusik@a...
Date:  Tue Jun 26, 2001  8:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Recording

In a message dated 06/26/2001 1:51:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
johnlink@n... writes:
johnlink@n... writes:

<< If you record a live performance you are guaranteed to have a live
recording at the end of the performance. That recording will probably have
more life in it (including mistakes) than anything you could do in a
recording session per se.

I just made a demo CD in January, and I only allotted myself one day to do
the studio portion of it - it really wasn't enough. I got there at 10, we
did sound checks and setting up and started recording about 10:45, and we
finished around 3:00. It's okay, I've gotten work with it... but I learned a
lot from the process and I wish I'd had another day. Frankly, I like my
"live" selections better, both vocally and energy-wise.

Christine Thomas
"For men are strong where we are weak ... they always think before they
speak."
(What fun is THAT?)

emusic.com