Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Nande" <denanny@h...>
"Nande" <denanny@h...>
Date:  Tue Jun 26, 2001  3:22 pm
Subject:  Masterclass Galina Vishnevskaya

Last night, I attended a masterclass given by Galina Vishnevskaya. It
was a great experience. I never saw/heard a live masterclass before
and what struck me was the fact that most tips, hints and directions
given by ms. Vishnevskaya were very basic. The things I struggle with
in my lessons, breath management, keeping an open sound, keeping
resonance in all vowels, etc. were the exact same things these well-
trained young singers were struggling with. Which proves to me that a
singer should always be coached or taking lessons to keep him/herself
on the right track.

The thing that surprised me the most is that I would have found all
three voices stunning already, but she made them even more so! (Thank
God for trained ears!);-)

I would have loved to give you a more detailed report but
unfortunately I was in the back of the room and the interpreter was
not very well audible there. (I hardly heard him at all!)
:-(

For all the dutch people among us or people who can receive dutch
television: the masterclass will be aired in october. (Or at least
parts of it)

Nande

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12877 Re: Masterclass Galina Vishnevskaya S Owens   Tue  6/26/2001   3 KB

emusic.com