Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
"Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
Date:  Mon Jun 25, 2001  12:45 pm
Subject:  Fw: [vocalist] Fw: Harp + Bass

Michael,
My college roommate and I both majored in voice, but she later specialized
in harp and plays the floor harp and lap harps, especially for weddings. I
sent her your post and this is her response...
Ginny Allen
Michael, Hello. I am Susan Helms, a harpist from Alabama. Remember that the
harp can play anything the piano can, according to difficulty - not too
difficult, that is. Sing anything with the harp, as long as it is not rock
or rapid pace. Sally Gardens is so lovely with the harp, a Celtic folk
song. Hymns are lovely, especially AMAZING GRACE. Deep River, a spiritual,
would be fantastic on harp, sung by a bass..
Hope this helps,
Susan Helms

emusic.com