Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sandra" <sandra@b...>
"Sandra" <sandra@b...>
Date:  Fri Jun 22, 2001  11:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] very very high songs?

> > ok here it goes: another question... :)
> > I was just wondering what aria's or songs go above a
> > high f (above a high c) for sopranos?

How many people actually sing this high? Assuming that they are either a
professional or studying classically?

Also, I know of people who sing some of the higher arias when they are very
young vocally (still in college) who don't retain the ability as their voice
matures and/or technique improves. Others seem to get the ability only as
they mature or improve technically. When should someone attempt such rep?
What is the trade-off?

Sandra

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12826 Re: very very high songs? Greypins@a...   Sat  6/23/2001   2 KB
12827 Re: very very high songs? Kathryn Thickstun Leff   Sat  6/23/2001   3 KB
12831 Re: very very high songs? Tako Oda   Sat  6/23/2001   3 KB
12832 Re: very very high songs? domina_ascenti@y...   Sat  6/23/2001   2 KB
12841 Re: very very high songs? ODivaTina@a...   Sun  6/24/2001   2 KB
12842 Re: very very high songs? qed   Sun  6/24/2001   2 KB

emusic.com