Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Domisosing@a...
Date:  Thu Jun 21, 2001  10:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: I need help with singing the [i] vowel

In a message dated 06/21/2001 12:41:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

<< However this improvement in vocal tone is more
the result of resonance adjustments, not changes in phonation (which
would imply changes in vocal fold structure). One of the most common
errors made by singers and teachers of singing is the idea that
phonation patterns must (or will likely) change as vowels change. In
reality, phonational sound remains basically the same for all vowels;
it is the resonation changes that create the differences in vowel >>

Hey Lloyd,
Give me a chance to dig up the research I read on these vowels, I need to
remember which source it was........but I didn't create this idea on my
own.....basically it has to do with the impedance created in the resonating
space as a result of vowel or consonanct combinations that directly relate
back to the vibratory patterns of the folds themselves.

Mary Beth F.

emusic.com