Vocalist.org archive

From:  mirsally@y...
mirsally@y...
Date:  Thu Jun 21, 2001  8:09 pm
Subject:  Wedding solos

I've searched the archives, hoping to find some of Karen Mercedes's
excellent repertoire recommendations. However, I wasn't successful
at finding what I'm looking for. I'm surprised, because I thought
wedding repertoire has been discussed to death!

I've been asked to sing at what appears to be the social event of the
year -- a large formal wedding of the daughter of one of our city's
most prominent wealthy families. They have very particular desires.
I'm hoping that the wealth of knowledge on this list can help suggest
a couple of pieces.

Here's what they want:

Something very festive, like the Mozart "Alleluia", but not that
particular piece, because it was sung at the other daughter's
wedding. I think that "Let the Bright Seraphim" would fit the bill,
except that they haven't hired a trumpet player, and it might be too
late to engage one now.

Something prayerful, but not "The Lord's Prayer". It's not a
Catholic wedding, so "Ave Maria" is out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sally Mir
soprano

Axwell@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12804 Re: Wedding solos Karen Mercedes   Fri  6/22/2001   3 KB
12807 Re: Wedding solos Axwell@a...   Fri  6/22/2001   2 KB
12824 Re: Wedding solos Jeffrey Snider   Sat  6/23/2001   2 KB

emusic.com