Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
"John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
Date:  Thu Jun 21, 2001  12:24 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] MED: Aerobid and the singing voice?

It has been my experience that Aerobid is the least likely to have any
effect on the vocal apparatus. Actually, properly used, the benefit of
all the inhaled steroids greatly outweighs the side effects.

John

John Messmer, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Family and Community Medicine
Penn State Hershey Medical Center

>>They are preparing to test a new version of Aerobid (no
CFCs, smaller particles that would theoretically go deeper into the
lungs), and I am scheduled for a preliminary intake appointment
tomorrow morning to see if I would be eligible to be one of the
"guinea pigs".
...I...have never used Aerobid before (it's been
Maxair, Flovent and Accolate up till now). Do any of you have
experience with Aerobid, and do you know of any effects it might have
on the singing instrument?

emusic.com