Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
"Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
Date:  Wed Jun 20, 2001  3:53 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Met Regional Auditions-thoughts?

>What is your voice category? I ask this as those with lighter voices tend
>to do better at a younger age than those with heavier voices that take
>longer to mature.

I have thought about this.......and I know I would not stand a chance, as my
voice is no doubt a " nowhere near its prime" voice.....
it's gonna take a while to mature! Although I have heard "don't label
yourself at your age" a million times, it is likely going to develop into a
dramatic soprano. Coloraturas ALWAYS win! lol!

> What district are you in? On average, how many auditioners does your
>district get?

Central IL district. I have no idea who it gets , or how many.

>Does your voice teacher think you should?

Guess I better find out. I am guessing she might say wait...

Molly