Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
leskayc@a...
Date:  Tue Jun 19, 2001  8:13 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Rats, NATS!

In a message dated 6/18/01 8:16:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
promero@w... writes:

> Does anyone else have the same trouble?

YES! ME! I love to sing in Italian, Latin and French. I don't like German
or English, my voice is geared toward Bel Canto and Baroque music ( I am a
soubrette/coloratura, medium sized voice). I did the NATS thing last year
and for my 20th Century English number I sang a Michael Head piece called
LOVE'S LAMENT. I placed 2nd in the regional competition. I have since done
some more Michael Head and I think he writes well for my voice-type. I don't
know if being a man would make it any different, but he is a composer that
you might want to look into.

Good Luck! NATS is a great experience!
Leslie

promero@w...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12752 Fear concerning NATS promero@w...   Tue  6/19/2001   2 KB
12755 Re: Fear concerning NATS Jeffrey Snider   Wed  6/20/2001   2 KB

emusic.com