Vocalist.org archive

From:  Nancy Fontana <cantabella_nf@y...>
Nancy Fontana <cantabella_nf@y...>
Date:  Tue Jun 19, 2001  12:58 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] MED (somewhat): Question about noise levels

--- Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...> I
developed pain in my ear, as
> if pressure were
> building. Since then I've had minor ear aches
> and sustained ringing in
> my ear
> Ingo

Dear Ingo -
I have had terrible pain in my ears from time
to time. While I don't believe you can
permanantly damage your ears while singing
with your own voice. It can be excruciating
(Dame Joan Sutherland began to spurt blood
from ears during a performance due to an
infection once. I heard her tell this story) So
I don't think you will damage your ears by
singing BUT I'm glad you will be visiting an
ENT pronto. My pain was recently caused by
some hardened wax floating atop my eardrum.
After the Doc removed it with a tiny
vacume I felt great!!
I'm sure you will recover......also regarding
your aural sensitivity I read in the book "Right-
brained Children in a Left-brained world".
Aural sensitivity is common in Extremely right
brained people. (It so happens my son is
repelled by my loud laugh as well, especially
when we are in a small space like a car.)
I told him I am sorry for having such an ample
projection. Such is life for a robust high
Mezzo.
Nancy

> Spot the hottest trends in music, movies, and
> more.
> http://buzz.yahoo.com/

=====
Nancy Fontana