Vocalist.org archive

From:  promero@w...
promero@w...
Date:  Mon Jun 18, 2001  11:52 pm
Subject:  Rats, NATS!

My teacher is going to enroll me in the Spring NATS competition.
The NATS competition requirements state you *have* to have an
American Composer somewhere in there. What gets me is that you have
to have this even if your voice is geared more towards Bel Canto or
the Baroque repertoire. I find that bit incredibly annoying. If I
were meant to sing John Duke, I would have been born with the voice,
n'est pas? ...Considering the Italian consonants are ideal for the
best sound. I don't know about you, but every time I have to sing in
english or German I have to roll my eyes. Strangely, German isn't
half as bad as english is... and it's not because I'm a latin speaker
and don't know the consonants, I have a Cambridge degree in english
and can pronounce it like a native (with a rather WEIRD english
accent, but..), but just because...well, the beauty of an open vowel
*sighs happily* give me italian any day, i'll gladly even take german
or french :P

Does anyone else have the same trouble?

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12730 Re: Rats, NATS! Jeffrey Snider   Tue  6/19/2001   2 KB
12733 Re: Rats, NATS! rtpeacoc@e...   Tue  6/19/2001   3 KB
12736 Re: Rats, NATS! promero@w...   Tue  6/19/2001   5 KB
12737 Re: Rats, NATS! Nancy Fontana   Tue  6/19/2001   4 KB

emusic.com