Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Sat Jun 16, 2001  5:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Gotta love it when you're sick! (not!)

In a message dated 6/16/01 5:04:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
promero@w... writes:
promero@w... writes:

<< , but what bugs me is, does the
Honey/Lemon mixture thing really work or is it another one of the
thins you're told to use which really doesn't have any effect?

Honey and lemon for sure, Paul. It works for me, at least it makes me feel
better. Every ethnicity I've encountered has a version of it. The Celtic
part of my family and acquaintance pool would add whisky. My Korean
collaborators would add camomile and tell me it is good for the lungs!
Friends from Trinidad say to add an infusion of the herb goldseal. There has
recently been research indicating that artificial supplements of vitamin C
may generate carcinogens. So lemon juice being a natural source of vitamin C
is all the better, I believe.

Doris, one of the New Jersey sopranos

emusic.com