Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Thu Jun 14, 2001  3:26 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Need some suggestions for names

In a message dated 6/14/01 8:45:23 AM, lasharp@n... writes:

<< For a lover of French vocal lit: Gabriel Furre
For a puppy you have trouble keeping track of: Verdi Dog? or, of course,
Haydn
For a dog who chews up your sweaters: Un-Ravel
For the puppy who never stands still: Bizet
If he's smart enough to bring you a beer from the fridge: Heinichen
And there's always the self-explanatory - Humperdinck >>

More operatic canines:
(I can't take credit for all of these, some were posted on Opera Oasis and I
thought they were so funny that I archived them!)

Turandog
Dog Giovanni
I PUGliacci
L'Inocazione di Puppi
Dog Pasquale
Fido-lio
The Barker of Seville
Corgi Amor
Collie-ne
L'Heure Spaniel
Tails of Hoffman
Die Mastiff Singers
Arfeo
The Dalmation of Faust
Richard WAGner
Corgi and Bess
Bassette and Bassettienne
Ich growle nicht
Kennels du das Land
and of course, Giacomo POOCHini

Then there are the new dog breeds:

For the dog lover in all of us… woof!

The following breeds are now recognized by the AKC:

Collie + Lhasa Apso

Collapso, a dog that folds up for easy transport

Spitz + Chow Chow

Spitz-Chow, a dog that throws up a lot

Pointer + Setter

Poinsetter, a traditional Christmas pet

Great Pyrenees + Dachshund

Pyradachs, a puzzling breed

Pekingnese + Lhasa Apso

Peekasso, an abstract dog

Irish Water Spaniel + English Springer Spaniel

Irish Springer, a dog fresh and clean as a whistle

Labrador Retriever + Curly Coated Retriever

Lab Coat Retriever, the choice of research scientists

Newfoundland + Basset Hound

Newfound Asset Hound, a dog for financial advisors

Terrier + Bulldog

Terribull, a dog that makes awful mistakes

Bloodhound + Labrador

Blabador, a dog that barks incessantly

Malamute + Pointer

Moot Point, owned by....oh, well, it doesn't matter anyway

Collie + Malamute

Commute, a dog that travels to work

Deerhound + Terrier

Derriere, a dog that's true to the end