Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Thu Jun 14, 2001  2:22 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Can one have too much Mozart?

promero@w... wrote:

I've had a growing love (more like
> passion) towards the Mozartian repertoire, to the point where I've
> had to repress myself from doing too much Mozart in one semester and
> spreading out to other things that would cover a healthy repertoire.

Of course, one can't have too much Mozart! You have good
taste.

> To help me out with what would be good repertoire choices, what
> would you recommend , semester wise, for a tenor whose voice is still
> debating between leggiero and lyric? I've got a huge urge to dive
> into Schubert's lieder too, HELP :P

I'm no tenor repertoire maven - however, I'm a rabid Mozart
fan, so you might like other music I like. I'm a major fan
of Henry Purcell. Like Mozart, his music is terrific for
the voice, rewards good technique but is also great in
building technique because of its demands on the voice,
lovely on the surface yet endlessly fascinating below the
surface, great text-setting, and he died way too young!

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com