Vocalist.org archive

From:  promero@w...
promero@w...
Date:  Tue Jun 12, 2001  10:50 pm
Subject:  Re: 2B out? An answer to Paul's ORIGINAL question....

> Caveat: I live in an area of the USA that is considered Sodom-on-
the-Sea by
> some other parts of the USA. But then again, we're enjoying sunny
and
> not-too-hot weather and fresh veggies and art&wine festivals. Nyah!
>
> RU & your sweetie in the South Bay? St. Luke's could use a few
more male
> types in the choir.

Hi Ellie...well, I'm studying in Asheville, North Carolina (known as
the hole in the Bible Belt, considering this is an atypically gay-
friendly place). I'm studying in a small liberal arts college, not a
music college but I have previous conservatory training. I can't
affor most of the good music colleges out there but:
1) i have a very good voice teacher (in some aspects. I consult with
other teachers in the aspects where she can't help)

2) I'll be taking music theory classes at either UNCA or Mars Hills,
cross-registering

After I've graduated, I want to move to Colorado and do my Masters
there if I'm accepted (Being my boyfriend's home, i'd also wouldn't
worry about a place to stay), or in Caolifornia (because Calif is so
expensive, it's my second option. New York is impossible right now
because it is THE most expensive place, and I'm a third-world
international student with little money and lots off debt). During
the summer I plan to audition for the Brevard Music Center and the
Colorado College Summer Festival because I know people in those areas
and can therefore waylay the Room/Board fee and just worry about
tuition :P Someday, perhaps, when I've made some money (I can't now,
my visa doesn't let me work or earn money) I'll go to Calif :P

emusic.com