Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa Miller" <lmiller12@c...>
"Lisa Miller" <lmiller12@c...>
Date:  Tue Jun 12, 2001  7:50 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] 2Be out?

I wasn't going to respond, but I kinda feel the need to defend myself. Let
me start by saying that I would not say something to a couple sexually
intimate in public - gay or straight - I would just prefer not to have my
children see that kind of behavior, or have to explain it to them. I don't
understand why our society thinks sexualizing kids at a younger and younger
age is a good thing. I don't think I should be verbally attacked for wanting
to teach my children traditional family values. Most parents try to teach
and model behavior they want their children to display. Being gay is a
lifestyle choice - one that, yes I would prefer they not choose - but if one
of my kids turns out to be gay it doesn't mean I won't still love him/her. I
believe you can teach children tolerance and acceptance of the differences
between us all...I just don't think sex is a topic for a young child.(How
many parents want to expose their child to the violence in the middle east,
gang wars in the inner cities, or a televised exucution?) And it's up to
parents to decide when that time is right for their child. By the way, if
you post a question on a public list you should expect you will get
intended to upset anyone.

"you are immoral" or "you are not right" when they see me
holding hands with the person whom I LOVE--- yes, love, not lust, in

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12595 Re: 2Be out? promero@w...   Tue  6/12/2001   2 KB
12602 Re: 2Be out? Karen Mercedes   Tue  6/12/2001   2 KB
12603 Re: 2Be out? Lisa Miller   Tue  6/12/2001   3 KB
12605 Re: 2Be out? Imthurn Melinda   Tue  6/12/2001   3 KB
12606 Re: 2Be out? Imthurn Melinda   Tue  6/12/2001   2 KB

emusic.com