Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shanna Hollich <Shadow123@r...>
Date:  Sat Apr 29, 2000  12:16 am
Subject:  Reincarnations and Trois Chansons

I'm just looking for some general tips on some pieces
we're preparing for our high school spring chorus
concert. I don't know how popular they are, but I
figure that with our large membership someone will
have heard of/performed these, :).

The first is being performed by our about 25 member
SATB madrigal group. It is the Reincarnations, which
are poems by James Stephens that were arranged for
four-part chorus of mixed voices by Samuel Barber.
The three pieces in this set are Mary Hynes, Anthony O
Daly, and The Coolin (The Fair Haired One).

The second is being performed by our chorale, which
has about 60 members or so. It is the Trois Chansons
(Three Chansons), with words by Charles D'Orleans and
music by Claude Debussy. This one also consists of
three pieces: Dieu! qu'il la fait bon regarder!; Quant
j'ai ouy le tabourin; and Yver, vous n'estes qu'un
villain. On this one I'm especially looking for help
with speaking and interpreting the French.

As always, any tips/advice one could give me would be
greatly appreciated.

=====
Shanna Hollich - Shadow123@p...
Yahoo! Messenger: Shadow123
AOL IM: RHFoJo
ICQ UIN: 26674614
NO !D N B- T C~ O++ CV

1256 Re: Reincarnations and Trois Chansons Line Gingras   Sat  4/29/2000   3 KB
1260 Re: Reincarnations and Trois Chansons Craig Tompkins   Sat  4/29/2000   5 KB

emusic.com