Vocalist.org archive

From:  "james" <stjames@l...>
"james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Mon Jun 4, 2001  5:15 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Bartoli this, Bartoli that....

> I agree completely with your assessment. I think aa up-and -coming
> singer would be better off studying what is right that these famous
singers
> are doing and see if they can learn from them. It is easy to criticize.
Very
> difficult to come up with something comparable.

James here,

Great for young singers, but for us mature folk I think you can allow us to
have our opinions, based on years of schooling, singing and listening to
singers. I only have 2 specific dislikes and otherwise have great praise for
her. Even though I do not like the production of her coloratura, it is
clearly note perfect and musically excellent. The facial tics (whatever)
distract me, so I buy CD's and not video. Quite to opposite of Callas, as
for me her vocal flaws fall by the wayside when you get the full package on
video.

James

promero@w...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size