Vocalist.org archive

From:  promero@w...
promero@w...
Date:  Sun Jun 3, 2001  9:01 am
Subject:  ALfredo Kraus went CD-ROM

You know that Alfredo Kraus, before he died, wanted to dedicate
himself to teaching... with the heart attack he didn't get to do it.
Strangely enough he released a Cd-ROM of some of his master classes
and where he talks about a few basic concepts of the technique of
singing, sound placement and vowel handling. It was a Spain release
and it seems it didn't get much attention elsewhere (the first CD is
your basic introduction to Opera, the second is the snippets from the
Master Classes and interviews with him regarding technique). I just
found it in my father's CD collection today and it turns out he's had
it since it was released but never told me. It was released by
Ridgewood Communications Group, i can't find a release date but it
looks like it was released back when the OS for computers was Windows
3.1 . It requires a very early version of Quicktime to run, but -
don't despair- it's included in the CD.

Is anyone else familiar with this CD-ROM? It's called "El Maravilloso
Mundo de la Opera por Alfredo Kraus" (The wonderful world of opera,
by Alfredo Kraus)

emusic.com