Vocalist.org archive

From:  Nancy Fontana <cantabella_nf@y...>
Nancy Fontana <cantabella_nf@y...>
Date:  Sun Jun 3, 2001  5:21 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Kristin Chenoweth

--- Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
wrote:
> Trevor Allen wrote:

I know that's one (of many, many)
> reasons
> > Sarah Brightman hasn't been widely accepted
> by the
> > classical world.

Sarah Brightman has not been accepted in the
classical world because the Opera world does not
Heavily MIC singers; we expect them to have
something called "Thrust " in the voice. If Miss
B. attempted to sing an Opera with
her present "technique", such as it is, she
would most likely blow out what little bit of
voice she does have. At best she could do
some Gilbert and Sullivan and that would be
it.
N. Fontana

> I'm sure she's making a far better living doing
> what she's
> doing now than she would at the entry level of
> the opera
> profession. And it could be her artistic
> temperment is
> better suited to what she's doing now. I
> didn't know of her
> classical background. But I suspected as much,
> because she's
> able to do so much, so well, with what sounds
> like a light
> voice. I would love to see her perform
> Cunegonde (in
> Candide), which was written for someone just
> like her. But
> even more, I'd love to see new, good roles
> written for her.
>
> Peggy
>
> --
> Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA
> "Music for a While Shall All Your Cares
> Beguile"
> mailto:peggyh@i...

=====