Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Sun Jun 3, 2001  12:27 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Bartoli this, Bartoli that....

James, I deleted your response re: Bartoli's contortions, but yes, they
bother me (I will never forget the first time I saw her - talk about
dumbstruck), but I think her technique is such a superlative one that she
is capable of great singing IN SPITE of said contortions. I also think
they have become part and parcel of her technique and she is probably wise
to leave them be now that is she is in the middle of an international career.
You don't have to look very far to see many great young singers fall by
the wayside because of the innate problems inherent with attempting to
develop one's technique and conduct a full-time singing career.

Mark Montgomery

emusic.com