Vocalist.org archive

From:  Pablo <promero@w...>
Pablo <promero@w...>
Date:  (Date Unavailable)
Subject:  Re: La Bartoli

Thanks for your impressions on La Bartoli, I enjoyed your different points of
view a lot. I share the opinion that at first she seems a bit...physical on
stage (by ways of physical and facial contorsions) but her artistry is very
enjoyable and she does show an admirable control of her tecnnique, -and you can
see that when she's singing she is -as my mom puts it- enjoying herselelf like
a pig in a pond :p
From an interview I read , it seems she is very prudent as to what she
chooses to sing-- good move, her moving towards the baroque repertoire is - i
think - a good choice, her voice quality is so strange (I'd call it metallic)
that I can't quite place it in the more modern composers, but she somehow fits
with the Baroque repertoire - her recordings of Vivaldi is one of my favorites
(I too have a tendency to gravitate towards the Baroques, mainly Purcell).

Pablo Romero
Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than
despair.
~ William Cowper ~
Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself
constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you
like hell.
~ Edna St. Vincent Millay ~

emusic.com