Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Sat Jun 2, 2001  5:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Bartoli this, Bartoli that....

I could not disagree more. I find Bartoli's entire production to be very
breath-initiated. If her coloratura so 'muscular', she could not sing
fioratura at the speed at which she does. She is an extremely musical and
intelligent singer, and certainly one who will go down in history as one
of the greatest of all time. IMO, her vocal production is as close to bel
canto as we hear in this day and time.

Mark Montgomery

On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, james wrote:

> I call this "muscular coloratura" and I too do not like it. I do think she
> is an excellent musician and it is great that this rep is being heard. On
> the CD with Cosi and other stuff, her Recitative is very well done. The
> facial contortions indicate to me she is manipulating or manufacturing the
> voice

emusic.com