Vocalist.org archive

From:  "james" <stjames@l...>
"james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Sat Jun 2, 2001  5:51 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Bartoli this, Bartoli that....

> However, I find some aspects of her coloratura annoying. Someone once
said
> on this list as relates to this singer (and Von Stade), singing fast just
> for the sake of singing fast is not a great feat. I think SOMETIMES
Bartoli
> sacrifices the beauty she is capable of for speed.

James here....

I call this "muscular coloratura" and I too do not like it. I do think she
is an excellent musician and it is great that this rep is being heard. On
the CD with Cosi and other stuff, her Recitative is very well done. The
facial contortions indicate to me she is manipulating or manufacturing the
voice

James

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12397 Cardiff Singer of the World thomas mark montgomery   Sat  6/2/2001   2 KB
12399 Re: Cardiff Singer of the World, Part II thomas mark montgomery   Sat  6/2/2001   2 KB
12398 Re: Bartoli this, Bartoli that.... thomas mark montgomery   Sat  6/2/2001   2 KB

emusic.com