Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Sat Jun 2, 2001  5:49 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Kristin Chenowith

How true! Nellie would have been great for her.
Glenn Close can stick to playing Norma Desmond. One
note: We have all been spelling her name wrong. It's
Chenoweth. And I looked up her bio. She won the Met
Young Aritist competition in the Lyric/Coloratura
category. I'd love to her do some opera. She'd make
a lovely addition to the list of opera stars we adore,
but do you think that classical music would accept an
artist who comes to them by the way of musical
theatre? I know that's one (of many, many) reasons
Sarah Brightman hasn't been widely accepted by the
classical world.