Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Apr 28, 2000  7:00 pm
Subject:  Re: REALLY OFF: Hey, where'd everybody go? (2)

>From: DANIaka007@a...
>
>Hi all...
>SO Marko hotti started this whole thing? Anyone who has contacted him, or
>can, tell him thank you from all of us at vocalist!
>Danielle
>PS: This is a very bad question, so , what does the subj. "where'd everyone
>go" mean? Are there missing people?

Philadelphia-area folks (and those of us in exile) recognize it as the ad
slogan for Betson's Furniture Warehouse. Sample commercial: The pitchman
is sitting at a poker game. Close-up of his hand; he has drawn a royal
flush! Back to the table, only now the pitchman is alone. He asks, "Hey
where'd everybody go?" Announcer then states: "They've gone to Betson's
Furniture Warehouse..."

Of course, probably the only ones who got the reference were Bob Kravitz and
Rabbi Allen.

Last we heard, Marko was recovering from a bout of illness, overwork, and a
MAJOR hack attack on our mail server!

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
GO SHARKS!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read." --Groucho Marx