Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Jun 1, 2001  10:49 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Riddle and Sinatra

>From: agoldhammer@y...
>--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Karen Mercedes <> wrote:
>--- In
vocalist-temporary@y..., Karen Mercedes <> wrote:
> > I blame Nelson Riddle for destroying Frank Sinatra's voice.
> >

>Cigarette smoking and drinking did far more than Nelson Riddle ever
>did.
>
>Alan

Also, Sinatra had a notorious series of personal, career *and* vocal
troubles in the early '50s, culminating in a vocal hemmorage during a
nightclub performance. One could argue that, were it not for Riddle (and
for the folks who cast Sinatra in "From Here to Eternity"), Sinatra would
now be just a nostalgia trip to the 1940s.

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"If you must be wrong, be wrong at the top of your voice!" --Lucy Van Pelt